7 Lazy P Outfitters
The Bob Marshall Wilderness has been known for many years as the place where the rifle hunter may experience elk hunting during the rut. The early season always begins on September 15th each year!! At 7 Lazy P Outfitting, we offer fully guided, unguided, and drop camp hunts for both elk and deer that are available during archery and early rifle seasons and the first week of the general season (late October).
7 LAZY P OUTFITTERS
Our outfit operates from the historic 7 Lazy P guest ranch outside of Choteau, Montana. A Montana tradition since 1931, we offer backcountry guided trips into the unspoiled Bob Marshall Wilderness.
During the summer season, guests can cast a fishing line in backcountry streams and alpine lakes, set out on horseback through untouched Montana terrain and hike through some of the most stunning terrain in the lower 48. Fall offerings include full-service hunting trips and special ranch events, including destination weddings.
While our Montana experiences allow for our guests to escape from the hustle and bustle of everyday life, 7 Lazy P is committed to delivering the best experience through our seasoned guides, trustworthy and experienced stock and our love of this place we call home. Our trips and operation are deeply rooted in Western traditions and a long-held history that immerses guests into one of the most beautiful places in the country.
Drop camp hunts work well with a group of two to four hunters, with each hunt including everything you need for a comfortable stay.
INFORMATION ABOUT THE OUTFITTER
- A good quality and appropriately sized tent for your party with wood stove and lantern(s)
- Cot and pad for each person
- Small table and chairs; all kitchen utensils to prepare simple meals
- There is also be a propane stove and all necessary camp tools for your use, including food storage boxes. We provide pack support of all gear to and from camp, as well as pack out harvested game. Hunters are responsible to get meat to camp or close to a main trail. We will provide saddle horses for each hunter in and out to camps that are located more than six miles in from the trailhead. (Horses do not remain in camp with hunters.)
What To Bring:
- Drop hunters need to provide the following: personal gear, food, first aid supplies and a satellite phone or in-reach device to contact us to pack out game (or in case of an emergency).
- The Crary Family
- Guided and Unguided Elk and Deer Drop Camp Hunts
7 Lazy P Outfitters
891 Teton Canyon Rd.
Choteau, MT 59422